Transform inquiry and impact through computation
The toughest challenges don’t respect disciplinary boundaries. The heart of the Computation Institute is interdisciplinary collaboration—building teams of scholars from computer science, biology, the physical and social sciences, and the humanities to ask the questions and create the methods that lead to important discoveries. This approach guides and organizes the CI’s research centers as they explore the future of cities, the generation of knowledge, the impact of climate change on society and the economy, and the invisible microbial worlds that shape our planet.
- Address rapid urban growth and change: Urban Center for Computation and Data
- Explore knowledge generation and innovation practices: Knowledge Lab
- Improve big policy decisions with big data: Center for Robust Decision Making on Climate and Energy
- Amplify human capabilities: Discovery Cloud
- Reveal invisible worlds: The microbiome