Annual funds provide flexible resources to address immediate needs, from financial aid and graduate research stipends to seed money for new initiatives and curricula.
Deans, directors, and faculty rely on your gift every year. Consistent donors—at all levels—help schools and divisions close the gaps not covered by tuition or endowment funds.
Explore the annual funds below to find the best fit for your philanthropic goals. Your gift to UChicago supports causes including but not limited to:
To give to annual funds throughout the University, browse campaign priorities or find your area of support on the main campaign giving form.
Support undergraduate students in the College through a variety of annual funds that expand access to an empowering UChicago education, ensure the continued strength of the Core curriculum, and prepare students for leadership and professional success:
- The College Fund provides the most flexible support for financial aid, study abroad, undergraduate research, faculty recruitment, internships, and more.
- The Dean's Fund for Student Life provides funding for student life and internships as well as student-initiated projects.
- The Jeff Metcalf Internship Program offers substantive, professional paid internships exclusively to UChicago undergraduates.
- Odyssey Scholarships provide financial aid to ensure that students with the greatest financial need are able to attend regardless of financial capacity.
Support graduate students of the divisions through annual funds that provide stipends, enabling them to conduct research and complete their degrees in a shorter period of time:
Support graduate students in the professional schools through annual funds that provide resources for conferences, competitions, grants, and faculty recruitment:
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- The University of Chicago Divinity School
- The University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy
- The University of Chicago School of Law
- The University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
- The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Support K-12 students in Chicago through annual funds that provide the faculty support, curriculum development, financial aid, and innovative programs that add up to a world-class education:
Support lifelong learning through annual funds that provide programs, platforms, and events to keep the intellectual challenges going long after graduation:
- The University of Chicago Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies
- The University of Chicago Magazine
Support academic resources through annual funds that advance the University of Chicago as an intellectual destination for students worldwide:
Support medical research through annual funds that help develop cures and improve care for a broad range of illnesses including cancer, pediatric illnesses, and diabetes:
Support collaborative research through annual funds that connect students, faculty, and scholars from a variety disciplines across the University and around the world:
- Institute for Molecular Engineering
- Urban Education Institute
- Urban Labs
- The Oriental Institute
- The Computation Institute
- The Institute of Politics
- The Marine Biological Laboratory
Support faculty research in the divisions through annual funds that advance faculty research in offices and labs, at conferences, in the field, and everywhere in between:
- The Division of the Humanities
- The Division of the Social Sciences
- The Division of the Physical Sciences
- The University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences
Support campus resources through annual funds that advance the University of Chicago as an intellectual destination for students and scholars worldwide:
Support the arts on campus and beyond through annual funds that provide cultural programming and education as part of the University’s intellectual environment:
Subscribe to UChicago Arts for event invitations, calendar updates, and other news.