The University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences
The University of Chicago Campaign: Inquiry and Impact extends the forefront of science and medicine to improve human life
The UChicago Campaign is fueling the work of researchers and physicians, educators and students. More than $1.185 billion in Campaign gifts to UChicago Medicine, the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, and the Division of the Biological Sciences (BSD) are advancing answers to the toughest challenges affecting human health and strengthening world-class education and training programs for the next generation of physicians and scientists, who go on to expand the frontiers of science and medicine.
Campaign philanthropy has
- increased scholarship support for students of the Pritzker School of Medicine, which ranks among the most selective medical schools in the nation—creating a more diverse student body and significantly reducing student debt;
- seeded a robust research environment, drawing talented faculty, graduate students, and research fellows from around the world—as a direct result of campaign giving, the BSD ranks fourth in the nation in National Institutes of Health funding per faculty member;
- created new research centers that encompass collaborations across the University, Argonne National Laboratory, and the Marine Biological Laboratory for work that is among the most innovative in the world, including groundbreaking research in microbiome science, genetics, neuroscience, and cellular therapy;
- propelled new approaches to improving health care delivery and providing comprehensive treatment for people affected by the unique health risks in our community; and
- supported the continuum of scientific innovation—from research through commercial viability.